- Please respect private property rights of any adjacent homes near the trail so that the ART remains a “good neighbor trail”
- Stay safe- hike with a friend!
- Please no smoking or campfires- we live in a high fire hazard area.
- Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints.
- Share the trail- horses, bicycles and hikers are all welcome- we all need to get along. Remember, horses have the right of way for the safety of everyone. When you meet horseback riders, stand quietly on the side of the trail and let them pass. If you are on a bicycle, it is best to dismount and stand quietly as they pass by. Remember to say “howdy”!
Are Dogs allowed on the Trail?
Dogs on the ART are under the same Calaveras County Statute as anywhere else in the County. Dogs are to be on a leash, or under the immediate voice command of owner. We would emphasize that voice command means voice command! You know your dog, and if he or she is inclined to chase bicycles or horses in spite of your voice commands, we humbly ask that you leash your pup. We celebrate the fact that we have equestrians, cyclists and hikers sharing the trail harmoniously. Thanks for your understanding.